December 29, 2014

Christmas with the Kirks- Photo Overload

This Christmas was a great one!
We got to spend time with both of our families, we were only missing my other brother & his family but we got to see them at Thanksgiving so that was a win!

This year I took my niece to the County building so we could adopt a couple families to shop for, for Christmas. I can only hope that it is a start to a new tradition, we had a blast shopping for the kiddos. When we went to "adopt" our family we saw conference rooms just filled with bags and bags of toys, racks hanging with coats and boxes full of boots for families and kids from the Angel Tree. It was an amazing sight to see and I was so happy that our community had come together to help those who were in need. We picked out outfits for four kids, including a pair of shoes. My niece had a 1 year old boy and a 6 year old girl to shop for, I had a 7 year old boy and a 9 year old girl. We had no idea what they needed for toys so we just stuck to the clothing. It was so close to Christmas so the store was packed and we stood in the cashiers line for almost 15 minutes! It was insane! I really hope my niece took a lot from that experience, kind acts of service & giving is really what Christmas is about. I wish we would have taken pictures but we were on a time limit and even during the 15 minutes in line I didn't even think about it. Ooops...

Christmas Eve day was spent running errands with my Mom, and taking flowers to my Grandma's grave. It's been a year since she's passed and I still find myself wanting to give her a call, or go visit her at home. It's been a hard change for all of us, but I know she's spending Christmas with her sweetheart in heaven, and she's probably had a great year! We sure miss them both and we know they are always watching over us.






On Christmas Eve we spent time with John's side of the family and enjoyed a nice dinner & visit.
That was the night Santa came to visit the kids & hand out presents.
I thought it was just for the kids, and John...but little did I know, I had a surprise of my own coming.
When Santa said my name, I figured "there's gotta be another Jessica here" nope, it was me.
So I went & sat on his lap just like John did, and he handed me a present.


 He asked us what I wanted for Christmas and I said
  "for our master bedroom to be done by Valentines." (We started in June)
John said "for the Broncos to win the super bowl"
Well, John had gone before me to get his present so I assumed I was just getting something similar.
He got Batman footie pajamas...
I wasn't as lucky
Here I am in front of his side of the family and all these little kids & I open this little number...
I was going to wait to open it but they were all very adamant that I open it RIGHT NOW.


The little girl next to me said "is that for your little girl?" I said "no it's for me"
She looked me dead in the eyes and said "that's not going to fit you" I'm assuming she thought it was a dress...
HAHA I did not know what to say to this little girl, I didn't want to say "ask your Mom" so I just said "it's something to sleep in..." luckily she didn't ask any more questions.
I was so embarrassed, and everyone knew what I was in for, except for me.
Needless to say, it was a very unexpected present from Santa. I even told him I was NICE this year!
After Santa left, we headed over to my parents house for a little bit.
Then we went home, and I got to sleep in my new xmas eve pjs, thanks American Eagle!

Christmas Day went by so fast, but we had a blast!
We woke up early so we could Skype with John's little girl who lives in North Carolina
We got to watch her open all the presents we sent her, and we enjoyed every minute.
 I just know it was the highlight of John's day.
She had a lot to open and loved all of her Monster High stuff we got her, and she especially loved a photo that was taken this summer when she was here of all of us girls that my Mom framed and sent to her. She asked if she could put it in her room, it was so cute.



After that we went over to my Mom's and opened our presents.
My dad surprised us with this headboard he built for our Bedroom we're working on.
I LOVE IT! and I LOVE surprises, it's not done yet it still has to be stained to match the bed-set but it's perfect :)



After that we headed back over to our house to finish opening our presents.
Luckily we didn't do a lot of traveling, since our parents are all within a block of each other.
I also slacked at taking pictures...so here's the "jist" of it.
I got John a watch display case for all of his watches, and the ones he will accumulate throughout the years. Now they won't get dusty and he can throw away the boxes they came in ha.
I also bought him some books written by one of his favorite author's, a new series and one of them was a signed copy, I was really excited to give him that one.
A new wallet, jeans, and a few other things.
But once again, he ended up spoiling me.
Lots of clothes, gift cards, fuzzy socks, a new scarf, a really soft robe, and
I got these Alex &Ani bangles to go with my collection, I really love these bracelets but I love that they all have a meaning behind them.

Inspiring me to live life to the fullest, you are an important piece of my soul. You give my heart strength and the courage to love without limits. Thank you for your kindness. My life has changed for the better Because I Love You.

The Tree of Life represents strong roots, consistent growth, and fruition. An acknowledgment of our commitment to nurture, love, and preserve the beauty of nature, wearing this charm evokes the eternal connection between mankind and Mother Earth.

The other one I got that isn't in this picture is The Eye of Horus

The left eye of the Egyptian God Horus is associated with lunar energy that symbolizes intuition, good health, and protection in connection with the moon. With the intention of safeguarding the king in the afterlife, the eye of Horus is meant to ward off evil. Wear the Eye of Horus Charm for healing properties, reasoning abilities, and powers of protection.



and the day after Christmas...he surprised me with this gift
His sister that came out the day after, had went and purchased it for him because it was out of stock in the town we live in. I was so surprised, and so happy! I'm not much of a sewer but I really wanted to start, I started a quilt back in March and never finished it because I didn't want to borrow other peoples sewing machines & really...I had no idea what I was doing.
So one of my New Years resolutions is to learn how to sew!



Oh & don't forget about Chance! He got spoiled too! He's almost impossible to take a picture of because he's always running around with one of his fifteen toys he has, but this is a pic of him and a new ball he got from Santa. He also got a new bed, a new blanket, and a new toy from Grandma.



Christmas Day is a day to celebrate the birth of Jesus, but in our family we also celebrate the life of John's brother. John's brother Richard was born on Christmas Day, he passed away July 9, 2008 he would have been 26 years old this year. I didn't really know him, but being so close to John's family I feel like I did and I really wish I would have known him.
We visit his grave three times a year; July, when he passed; Memorial Day & Christmas Day.
This year one of his best friends went up with his family and met up with us, we stood around and sang Silent Night (his favorite Christmas song) and shared stories. It was beautiful.



If you ask John what the best Christmas present was that he ever recieved, he will tell you it was the day he got his baby brother Richard. They were best friends and he misses him so much.
We spent the rest of Christmas Day with John's family at his Mom's house.
We opened presents, played with the kids and enjoyed every single minute.
Christmas Day ended for us on the couch with each-other snuggled close watching TV.
It was our first Christmas as Mr. & Mrs and I wouldn't have changed anything about it
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!




 photo download7-1.png

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great Christmas with lots of love and lots of surprises! Love the sewing machine! I have my mom's sewing machine now, and Justin bought me a dress form for Christmas to put my clothing projects on! Sewing is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well maybe you can share some of your sewing projects with me via Pinterest or your blog and help me out! I'm clueless ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to teach yourself how to sew? I've been wanting to learn but have no idea where to start! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I'm sure I'll ask my Mom here and there, and find some stuff on Pinterest but it's a goal of mine to learn that's for sure! There's a few "sewing for beginner" pins on Pinterest you can check out and then you can also youtube how to videos as well if you wanted to start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's kind of what I was thinking of doing but I don't want to spend too much and then realize I hate it :-p

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all of you! Thank you for your comments!

Share